Looking For The Perfect Indian Gambling Game? Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Teenpatti
The Indian casino industry is continuously flourishing with all the amazing gambling sites and their promotions. There is an abundance of exciting casino games that are available on online gambling sites. It gives Indian bettors the right opportunity to play their best hand and fill up their accounts.
If you are a regular gambling expert, you would know that Indian casino games are quite different and much more exciting than the western ones. You can find these games largely on the Indian casinos. However, many international casinos have taken these desi games to a global level due to their wide popularity.
In this article, we are going to talk about one such immensely popular Indian card game that you would find in almost every Indian casino establishment. We are going to discuss Teenpatti, yes, the famous three card game. Teenpatti literally means Three cards. Teen is three and patti is cards.
Teenpatti: What You Need To Know About Its Basics?
Teenpatti is a famous Indian gambling card game that is also known as flush. It is played with a 52 card pack excluding joker with the ranking in usual order starting from Ace (the highest) to two (the lowest). Three cards are dealt in each round, i.e., your cards and dealer’s. Dealers must have a Queen or higher card in order to qualify.
- Ante – In order to join the game, you’ll need to place an initial bet, this is called ‘ante’. Place a bet by selecting a chip value from the available chips and click on the bet option on the table before the timer runs out.
- Flush – All 3 cards are of the same suit. If two players both have Flushes, the player with the highest card wins. If they match, then the next highest card is compared, then the third card if needed. If two players have the exact same card values, the hands are ranked by suit, with spades first and clubs last.
- Mini Royal – Queen – King – Ace of the same suit in your own 3 card hand.
- Pair – Two cards of the same rank. Between two pairs, the one with the higher value is the winner. If the pairs are of equal value, the value of the third card decides the winner.
- Play – After the ‘ante’, the joining of the game, the regular betting starts.
- Straight Flush – Three consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Straight – Three consecutive cards not all of the same suit. A Straight is also referred to as a ‘Round’ or a ‘Sequence’.
- Three of a Kind – Three of the same card. Three Aces are the highest and three twos are the lowest trio.
.Side Bet Options
- Four of a Kind – This is part of the 3 + 3 side bet, meaning Four of a Kind out of 6 cards (yours and the dealer’s).
- Full House – This is part of the 3 + 3 side bet: a hand that contains three cards of one rank and two cards of another rank.
- Royal Flush – This is part of the 3 + 3 side bet: Ace, King, Queen, Jack and ten of the same suits.
- This card game is played between four to seven players. The game involves betting, wherein the players have a minimum stake on the pot (money collection at the center of the table), which they agree unanimously before dealing cards. The dealer will deal the cards with three cards for each player.
The player with the best three-card hand will place the bet by adding cash to the pot. One thing you need to note in this game is that every bet has to be placed equally. For instance, if a player bets 2 coins and the next bets an additional 4, so the next player will have to place 4 additional coins to his/her original bet.
What Are The Ranking Of Hands?
Here are the details of possible hands in a teenpatti game:
- Trio or Trail: Having three cards of the same rank. The highest trio will be the three aces, and three twos are obviously the lowest.
- Straight Run: Having three consecutive cards from the same suit. Ace in A-2-3 is the highest, and then the set A-K-Q-, K-Q-J, and goes low 2-A-K.
- Normal Run: Having three consecutive cards, but not from the same suit. A-2-3 is the best hand for a normal run, then comes the A-K-Q, K-Q-J, and so on until 4-3-2.
- Colour: Having three cards from the same suit. The comparison is made with the highest card; in case these are equal, you can consider the second. When both are equal, you can compare the lowest. The highest will be A-K-J, and the lowest will be 5-3-2.
- Pair: Having two cards from the same rank. You need to compare the first pair first and odd the cards if they come equal. A-A-K is the highest, and 2-2-2 is the lowest.
High Card: Having three cards that don’t come into any of the above-mentioned categories. The best hand will be A-K-J from the mixed suits, and the lowest will be 5-3-2.
What is The Betting Process?
Generally, the betting begins from the player left to the dealer (it is similar to online teenpatti). Players are given the freedom to either put more bet into the pot or do nothing and fold.
Irrespective of what you are playing, either blind or seen the bet you need you to need to add to the pot depends upon the current stake. Here are a few details of betting units-:
- The seen players need to bet twice the blind players to continue but not 4X the current stake. The current stake for the next player will be half of the previous player’s bet.
- The blind players have to put at least the current stake, but not more than 2X. The current stake for the next players will be the amount the previous player will put in.
- You are allowed to look at your cards if you are a blind player. But from that turn onwards, you will become a seen player, and you need to bet twice the stake.
The betting will continue until any one of the following events happens-:
- All have folded, except one player. The last surviving player will bag all the money present in the pot, irrespective of his hands.
- All have folded, except two players. One of the players chose to show on his turn. Both the players will be exposed and compared before choosing the winner.